Isaiah foretold of Jesus’ miracles where he would make the deaf hear and the blind see. In the Gospels we are told about Christ healing many people in exactly this way.
Yet, how many of Jesus’ teachings do we conveniently ignore? How many of them do we refuse to see or hear?
- How many Christians ignore the Ten Commandments, though he tells us they will remain forever?
- How many Christians ignore the Sabbath and don’t go to church?
- How many Christian married couples lust or divorce and remarry, when he tells us it is adultery?
- How many of us envy our neighbor, instead of love?
- How many of us allow materialism to be our master, instead of Christ?
- How many of us are not seeking his mercy, when it is required for salvation?
- How many of us have chosen to shield our eyes or cover our ears when Jesus’ teachings have become too hard?
When Jesus healed blind they were able to gaze upon the glory of God and when he healed the deaf they were able to hear God’s truths through Jesus’ voice.
We too must seek healing of our damaged spiritual senses as to hear God’s word in our lives and see the face of God in Heaven.