I’m a little testy today, so forgive my bluntness.
As we near the anniversary of our nation’s Independence and I think of the massive sacrifice and their reliance on faith that our founders used to start this country, I can’t help but shake my head in embarrassment when I look at the moral compass this once-great nation now uses to guide us.
Exhibits A through F…
- Pre-teen Halloween costumes that promote sexuality instead of the innocent fun of getting candy.
- Cheerleading moves that are better suited in a dark night club with a pole in the middle of it instead of on the sidelines of a high-school ball game.
- Popular reality shows that follow the selfish, indulgent, lustful and broken paths of sad people who are all too eager to trade in their souls for fifteen minutes of fame.
- “Family” networks airing shows that promote lying, deceit, selfishness, lust, pre-marital anything and other various forms of destructive behavior by “enlightened” youth.
- Film after film showcasing the prevailing sex-with-no-consequence myth when, in reality, sex has some of the greatest consequences of all, emotionally, physically and spiritually.
- Social networks that twist the real world into a self-centered virtual world full of people taking a plethora of vain photos of themselves doing things publicly that used to be whispered about privately.
What the hell has happened to this country?
When did we become a nation of sex-focused animals that occasionally hold down jobs?
I can’t watch a sporting event without commercial after commercial injecting themselves into my life that talk about erectile-this and lubicrant-that. I get it. The aging members of the sexual revolution can’t load their muskets anymore. Just put the weapons down and walk away, would ya? Age gracefully, not embarrasingly.
Remember how your grandparents used to whisper whenever they talked about disease? You know, “Uncle Harry has… (whisper) the gout.”
Take their cue and shut up already. Or at least keep it to yourself.
Where is modesty? Where is chastity? Where is self-respect? Where is selflessness? Where is dignity?
What has happened to this country?
America used to stand for something… something great. Can anyone tell me what we promote as a country anymore? What we “sell” to the rest of the world?
Apparently, our big ticket item are men who can’t control their libido and women who’ve abandoned their own fertility in order to join the party.
Is that it? It sure seems like it, doesn’t it?
We used to stand for so much more. God. Freedom. Opportunity. Faith. Family.
As I look at the sinking vessel that is this nation, I can only surmise one thing… Satan is REALLY good at his job and this country, specifically my generation, has dropped the ball.
- We stopped being diligent.
- We stopped being warriors for Christ, armed with knowledge and faith and obedience.
- We’ve become bloated and selfish.
- We’ve become lazy and ignorant.
- We’ve become ungrateful and unfaithful.
- We’ve abandoned control of the media to those whose definition of family doesn’t let marital status, gender or the process of fertilization get in the way of their math:
Adult(s) + Child(ren) = Family
- We’ve let the television raise our kids. Or films. Or schools. Day care centers. Teachers. Baby sitters. Our grandparents. Anyone but us, all so we could have more stuff.
Is that what America is now? A country that just wants more stuff and is willing to mortgage their future and their souls just to keep or get more gadgets?
I guess that’s what happens when you take God out of the equation. We embrace our fallen nature. We fall prey to the seductiveness of sin, which only separates us from our Creator.
Dear Lord, what have we done? How do we get back? How do we return this nation founded on Divine Providence from the moral cesspool we have allowed this land to become?
I know their is salvation for each of us through your Son, Lord.
But is there salvation for this country?
I guess we have to return back to our roots. Our spiritual roots.
Our nation is zipping along in their Prius down the wide and easy road. But, that’s not the right path. Because the path Jesus speaks of is narrow… for a reason.
It requires prayer. It requires sacrifice. It requires living OPPOSITE of world’s priorities.
- When you’re aroused, remain chaste.
- When you’re hungry, fast.
- When you’re angry, forgive.
- When you’re hated, love.
Our founders may have followed different faiths, but they LIVED their faiths.
They prayed openly. They understood sacrifice. They understood the need to remain obedient. They understood the value of family.
And they designed this nation for a moral people.
Are we that anymore? Are we a moral people?
Or are there only fifty, or ten or just one holy person remaining in this Gomorrah-like country?
I hope, one day, we can rise above our sinfulness and, once again, become a light to the world. A nation of freedom. Liberty. Responsibility. And Faith.
Our founders deserve that. They didn’t sacrifice their lives, fortunes and sacred honor so that Tommy can hook up with Tammy before getting hammered at the bar and then spending the night with Jenny. They didn’t risk their lives so 12 year old Sally can squeeze into her female pirate costume with a push-up bra and garters.
They deserve so much more than what we have allowed this nation to become.
I hope, Mr. Washington, Mr. Franklin, Mr. Adams and Mr. Jefferson that this time next year we can present to you a far better country, a far more holy nation, one in which you would be a proud citizen.
Unfortunately, you’ll have to wait…