When I was a kid, my parents used to get the National Geographic magazine. Every once and a while it would include a map or picture that you could pull out from the magazine, unfold and put on your wall. One of my favorites was a map of the known galaxy.
- In the bottom right corner was a box with a picture of our planet.
- And that box fit into a larger box above it that showed the planet in relation to the solar system.
- And that box fit into a larger box that showed our solar system in our corner of the Milky Way.
- And that box fit into where our corner of the Milky Way fit among the entire Milky Way galaxy.
- And that box fit into a larger box that showed the Milky Way galaxy among a cluster of galaxies.
- And that box fit into a larger box of that cluster of galaxies amongst other clusters of galaxies.
When I stepped back and looked at the massive landscape of the known Universe, I was amazed. And I felt pretty small. I was amazed that all of that… and more… was all within the understanding of our Creator.
I hadn’t thought about that map until I came across these pictures of our planet in comparison to other planets, suns, etc.
It is incomprehensible to fathom just how much our Lord and God understands, sees and knows.
Yet, despite the expanse of the entire Universe, in our cluster of galaxies, in our Milky Way, in our Solar System, on our Planet, on our continent, in our state, in our city, in our home or car or work… our Lord knows every hair on your head, every hope, every dream and he loves us more than the breadth of the Universe itself.
We have an amazing Creator. A merciful Father.
And out of all of that creation, he chose US to make in his image!
If He is capable of creating all we know, yet still love us individually, then we must know that all things are possible with God.
And we must believe that the worries we have on Earth in this small little corner of the Universe, are so unimportant in comparison to the grandeur that is His creation. We must trust that if the Creator of the Universe can fashion the star Antares, then he can certainly manage your job hunt or your relationship concerns or your school worries.
We just have to trust and have faith.